What causes dark spots on face, cheek and forehead or what causes premature ageing dark or black spots on my face? In deed face dark spots can frustrating in some situations. Here is a golden opportunity to know the causes. You will be inspired to learn about dark spot on face removal and treatment methods and the correct one for you. B
As you scroll down, you will unfold creams for dark spots on face. Some of the best creams and products will brighten every dark spot on face so to rejuvenate and bounce you back your facial beauty. Don’t go away. You will get procedures for home remedies to lighten dark spots and help reduce dark blotches.
What Causes Dark Spots on Face – Forehead, Cheeks
- What Causes Dark Spots on Face – Forehead, Cheeks
- Other Causes
- How to Remove Dark Spots on Face and How to Get Rid of Dark Spots on Face
- Best Cream for Dark Spots on Face, Treatment & Best dark spot Remover on Face
- Home Remedies for Dark Spots on Face or Dark Spots Home Remedies
- Other Dark Spot on Face Home Remedies
- Dark Spots on Cheeks
- Lentigines or Liver Spots on Face Pictures, Photos
Before you can think of how you can do away with dark spots on forehead, or any dark spot on your face go through the causes or consult to have a more accurate from of treatment. Let us see what causes face to have black spots.
Hyperpigmentation – Lentigines, Melasma and Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation
One of the widely known dark spot cause on face is hyperpigmentation. The simple reason for this is due to the free exposure to external factors that accelerate formation of spots that are dark.
One reason that causes dark patches on face could be as a result of melasma – “pigmentation due to overproduction of melanin by pigment cells,” [www.dermetnz.org]. If you expose your face to sun rays for longer durations, (melanoma face) is likely to worsen. These darkened spots on face are predominant on forehead, chin, cheeks and upper lip.
Hormonal Imbalance and Pregnancy
Melasma presents itself as darkened spots on face during pregnancy, affecting more women during this period. However, when hormonal imbalance is normalized these spots on face after pregnancy should not be case.
Other factors that elevates melasma are hormone therapy, certain medications for cancer and hypothyroidism – low levels of thyroid hormone.
Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH)
Post-Inflammatory hyperpigmentation dark spots is due to skin conditions that tend to put pressure on skin. Psoriasis is one of the common conditions responsible. Certain skin care products with alcohol, burns and acne can elevate PIH.
Treatment of PIH involves continuous administration of topical tretinoin, topical Azelaic acid especially those patients who are prone to acne.
Dark spots Acne Scars
The second cause of face dark spots is scars from acne. These darkened spots from acne are actually the pimples and blackheads that have healed which leave acne scars, darkened spots on forehead, on sides of cheeks or on neck.
Facial Hair removal
Facial hair removal is also what causes black spots on cheeks and upper lip. Some of the methods used in removing unwanted hair from your face such as tweezers and chemical creams lead to ingrown hair around the hair follicle. If these creams are not friendly, inflammation will occur where these spots will appear. At times this will form some small dark or brown bumps due to bacteria entry.
Dark spots from Pimples
Whether they are pimples at puberty, from dirt or other skin conditions (acne exclusive), what causes dark spots on black face, or white face are pimples. When they have appeared on forehead and cheeks it becomes hard to prevent them from sun burn.
After treatment for pimples, or when they have disappeared on their own you will see small dark spots on forehead and around cheeks.
A dark spot, patches and blotches on your face could indicate some other reasons, for instance, chemical burns, skin damage from hot objects, sharp or pointed devices or tools that you use.
In most instances, treatment may be required due to delayed healing, otherwise they heal on their own.
NOTE: Vitamin B12 deficiency causes one to lose the normal brown pigmentation resulting to white spots as opposed to black spots on face B12 deficiency. We have shown how this condition (Vitiligo) indirectly contributes to dark patches on skin. See dark spot causes for more.
How to Remove Dark Spots on Face and How to Get Rid of Dark Spots on Face
After figuring out what your dark spot on face cause is, the next course is to focus on getting rid of dark spots on face. Get a deep insight into removing dark or black spots on face and count on your dreams to be achievable. Basically, dark spot treatments, dark spot removers and products to remove black spots will be indispensable.
Is microdermabrasion appropriate for my dark spot face removal? The answer is affirmative. As a procedure, it ensures that only the dry dead cells of skin on face is removed and paves way for new layer to replace it. A professional dermatologist or surgeon will use an electric device to slightly slough off or remove a very thin layer of dark spot skin around the face. For example, microdermabrasion is one of the methods to remove dark spots on face caused by pimples.
If you need to remove darkened spots from sun after a short period then apply manual exfoliation. A handy exfoliator tool or cleanser is gently scrubbed on face to take a top layer out. In the process you will get rid of dark skin spots on face for a new brighter looking layer after resurfacing. When using a cleanser find one that has tiny particles or make your own by raw almond and mix it with the cleanser.
They include face dark spot remover creams, gels and alpha hydroxyl acid solutions. If you choose topical treatments used in removing or lightening darkened spots on face they should contain important ingredients such as soy, Kojic acid, Azelaic acid and arbutin.
- Some of the alpha hydroxyl acid products, creams and serums include glycolic acid, citric acid, tartaric and lactic acid. Alpha hydroxyl prescription cream for dark spots on face can work well if the concentrations are less than 10%. For example, AHA 4oz is a face beauty cream with concentration of 8%.
- Another topical treatment is retinoic acid. Most retinoic acids or Retin-A/Retin for dark spots on face are prescription cream products and gels. Go for these and over the counter creams and use them to get rid of dark spots on face from acne, acne scars or marks.
- Salic acid is a group of beta hydroxyl acid which are also powerful in dealing with acne.
Hyperpigmentation Dark Spot Treatment Creams
For melasma spots get some dark spot creams or lightening creams for dark spots or you may visit your centre for treatment with laser.
Secondly, for acne scars, pimples or marks get yourself some of the skin brightening creams for acne pimples and products from over the counter. A quick list will include, prescription Isotretinoin, Meladerm Skin Care, Ambi-Fade Cream (brightening creams) just to mention.
Other common over the counter treatment for pimples are benzoyl peroxide, and triclosan anti-bacterial topical creams.
If your prescription cream cannot give the ultimate answer, black spots on face treatment with laser will do it all. It uses penetrating pulses of laser light to destroy and kill melanocyte cells under skin causing these spots. A new layer of skin grows to give rise to younger and dark spot free face skin. Laser is no doubt a very reliable and cure to remove these spots on face.
Of course, this is a chemical free therapy to clear dark spots from face that can be used on most types of skins.
You will need to take good after treatment care to help relieve of pain quickly and prevent swelling. Using laser will provide solutions to dark or black spots for light skin, dark spot African American face.
Chemical peels is another means to remove dark spots from your face. Unlike microdermabrasion, in chemical peeling solution medicine is used to remove the targeted layer of skin where dark spots originate.
Light chemical peels e.g. Alpha hydroxyls are appropriate for light skinned, and thus effective as facial dark spot remover.
Best Cream for Dark Spots on Face, Treatment & Best dark spot Remover on Face
In this section we shall deal with creams for dark or black spots on face. The choice of method to use to want to get rid of these blotches or patches may be determined by the dark spot types. There are some important ingredients to check out for in OTCs or prescription cream for dark spots on face i.e. Niacinimide, Vitamin C, and Licorice and Acetyl glucosamine.
What are the best over the counter cream to lighten dark spots on face fast? Have you given trial to other facial creams and got stuck? It is about time to wave a goodbye to stressful dark patches on your face and try some of the creams below:
To begin, Clinique Acne Solutions Spot healing Gel is one of the best gel for acne pimples. We are talking about a matter of weeks’ use.
Acne Spot Repair is another best face cream for dark spots removal from acne. It quickly gets absorbed and reduces inflammation to help get rid of dark marks on cheeks and forehead. Others in this category are Oriflame Dark Spot Fading Concentrate, Himalaya Clarina Anti-acne Cream
Add buffering effect with Pigmentation Repair Formula, one of the best cream to remove dark spots on face for men.
Do facial scrubbing using Microfine Face Scrub which is a glycolic acid exfoliation product. Apply Dark Spot Reduction Moisturizer after shaving and improve the skin tone on the go.
Other best facial products to lighten and brighten dark spots for you:
- Clean and Clear Morning Burst skin brightening Facial Scrub.
- Obagi Nu Derm Clear for melanoma forehead spots.
Home Remedies for Dark Spots on Face or Dark Spots Home Remedies
With homemade remedies for dark spots on face you can learn to do it yourself home procedures and to cure dark or black spots on face naturally. Some home remedies use locally available products rich in natural ingredients that help lighten darkened spots on face.
Lemon juice has the capability to remove dark spots on face naturally especially those from pimples. The acidity and the natural vitamin C found in lemon are important to remove toxins and rub off dead cells. In addition, it is really a simple home procedure.
- Extract some juice from lemon fruit.
- Apply immediately to areas of dark spot marks with soft cotton lump.
- For at least 20 minutes leave it to dry and rinse with cool water. Repeat these steps every day after you take bath.
Papaya or Pawpaw
Papaya has powerful enzyme ingredients for removing this spots from your face. By easily but gently rubbing papaya pulp (covering)
Use ripe papaya for dark spots on face from pimples to rub directly onto the surface where you see these spots. Rinse after 15 or so minutes.
Buttermilk and lemon face Mask
Mix small amounts of equal measures of buttermilk and lemon. This mixture can serve partially like lactic acid in alpha hydroxyl products.
Aloe Vera Gel
This is a strong antioxidant with natural ingredients such as enzymes, vitamins that you should give a chance to lighten dark spots on face fast or liver spots on face, and if you make use of Aloe Vera juice you can prevent your skin from sun damage. In this home remedy to cure black spots on face naturally:
- Cut the leaf and squeeze it to remove the juice.
- Clean your face and then wipe to dry.
- Apply it directly to the affected dark spot face areas gently massaging to rub it in.
Onion + Honey & Garlic Juice
Ability to lighten dark spot makes onion and honey a wonderful and working natural tips for dark marks and spots on face. Onion contains natural and more effective ingredients including minerals and vitamins. Furthermore, the acidity helps in clearing dark spot marks from shaving and injury.
- Mix a little honey and onion in a bowl.
- With the help of soft cotton dip into the mixture and lightly touch on the face.
- Apply a thin layer of natural honey after 10 minutes.
- Alternatively, replace onion with garlic juice in the similar procedure.
Turmeric, Yoghurt and Honey face Mask
Brightening and removing dark spots on face is that achievable with this kind of home remedy. Prepare the natural face mask using the following steps.
- Mix turmeric, yoghurt and honey in equal proportions so that you have a thick paste.
- Clean your face and then apply, giving light massage.
- Allow the face mask to dry out and wash off with warm water after 10 minutes. Make it a daily routine for at least 2 times a day.
Other Dark Spot on Face Home Remedies
Below are some more home remedies for dark or black spots on face and neck are. For a detailed discussion on dark spots on neck don’t miss to check out on it.
Lemon Juice, Cucumber & Rose Water
Cucumber is one of the secrets to fade dark spots on face and neck. It has superior quality to correct cell damage and get rid dark spot dead cells leaving a refurbished and smooth skin.
- Make chips by grating or chopping cucumber and mix with rose water.
- Apply all over the face extending to the sides of neck; lightly rubbing in with cotton.
- Do this for at least 5 minutes daily. Wash off to remove the residuals.
Almonds, Milk Powder & Honey
Prepare a thick paste by mixing milk powder and almond powder.
Apply on cheeks and the back of neck and leave it for about 30 mins before you can wash using water.
Dark Spots on Cheeks
Knowing more on dark spot cheeks is pertinent to our focus of discussion because cheeks are what make bigger part of face.
First, what causes dark spots on cheeks and nose is changes in hormones estrogen and Progesterone. Some of these changes could occur after a successful hormonal therapy. According to Khatri, “boosts in these hormones can stimulate melanin growth, causing hyperpigmentation,” [dailymakeover.com]
Secondly, obesity is yet a possibility of these spots on cheeks overweight in dark African descent, according to Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta, gives Acanthosis Nigricans signs easier to show. The reason being tendency to be resistant to insulin that enables excess glucose be stored in cells i.e. “Acanthosis Nigricans is a skin disorder in which there is darker, thick, velvety skin in body folds and creases.” [www.healthcaremagic.com]. With Carbon dioxide laser resurfacing these spots on cheeks will not be problem.
Any of the above causes can also be a cause for these spots on your cheek.
Lentigines or Liver Spots on Face Pictures, Photos
What are liver spots? What causes liver spots on face? This term liver spots or Lentigines refers to the dark spots that are due to UVR rays and NOT liver problems, not alcohol. It is believed liver spot on face alcohol consumption is high amongst those who are in the 40s.
Liver spots on face poses no serious health problems but for the aesthetic reasons consider removing liver spots on face can be done by laser therapy, electro-surgery or cryotherapy. Other than that, liver spots on face treatment involve alpha hydroxyl acid topical products, creams and gels.
You may try one or two home remedies for liver spots on face from sun e.g. Buttermilk and lemon face Mask or Turmeric, Yoghurt and Honey face Mask.
Further recommended reading
You may also like
- Dark Spots on Neck, Chest, Breast Causes &How Rid of these Black Patches
- Dark Spots on Tongue Side, Under, Tip Causes, Pictures, Prevention and Treatment
- Black Spots on Tongue Causes, Small, under Tongue, on Tip, Side of Tongue
- Dark Spots on Legs, Bottom of Feet Causes, How to Remove Black Spots on Legs
- How to Get Rid of Dark Spots, Best Treatments, Creams, Products & Remedies to Clear, Remove or Reduce these Spots
- What Causes Dark Spots on Skin, Hyperpigmentation, Acne Scars, Liver Damage, Sun, Hair Removal
Reference and Sources
- How to remove Dark spots on face naturally: http://www.livestrong.com/article/228766-how-to-remove-dark-spots-from-the-face-naturally/
- How to Get Rid of Dark Spots on Face: http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Dark-Spots-on-Your-Face
- Best skin Lightening Cream for Dark Spots…: http://www.beautyclue.com/skin-whitening/best-skin-lightening-cream-for-african-americans-dark-skin-marks-reviews/
- How to Get Rid of dark Spots on the Face: http://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/how-to-get-rid-of-dark-spots#Retinol3
- Postinflammatory Hyperpigmentation Treatment & Management: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1069191-treatment
- Melasma: http://www.dermnetnz.org/colour/melasma.html
- How to Get Rid of Black Spots on Face Naturally Fast: http://www.skintots.com/skin-bleaching/how-get-rid-black-spots-face-naturally-fast/
- Dark spots Around Your Cheeks and Neck: How Harmful are they? http://blackdoctor.org/452875/acanthosis-nigricans-face-neck-dark-spot-treatment/2/
- 6 Best Creams for treating Dark Spots: http://www.beautyglimpse.com/6-best-creams-available-india-treating-dark-spots/ posted on July 1, 2014.
- Home Remedies for Black Spots on Your Face: http://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-remedies/home-remedies-for-black-spots-on-face.html