- How to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose Including Fast Ways at Home
- How to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose Fast, Quickly or Overnight
- Best Way to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
- How to Prevent Blackheads on Nose or How to Stop them from Appearing
How to get rid of nose blackheads including home remedies? How to get rid of blackheads on your nose fast? How to prevent or stop blackheads on your nose? what are the best ways to get rid of blackheads on nose
How to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose Including Fast Ways at Home
Unlike the popular myth, blackheads on nose or any other part of the body are not a sign of poor personal hygiene. They are usually the result of clogging of skin pores by dead skin cells and oils.
Some of the methods discussed such as milk and honey, egg mask, cleansing, exfoliation anduse of salicylic or benzoyl peroxide will help you to get rid of blackheads on your nose fast at home.
Nevertheless, blackheads can make you uncomfortable and deal a dent on your self-image. Here is how to get rid of blackheads on nose:
1. Bentonite Clay
The healing properties of the mineral-rich bentonite clay have been used to treat skin conditions since times immemorial. When wet, the molecules possess some kind of electrical charge that removes oils and other impurities from the skin pores.
- 1 tbsp. bentonite clay
- Mix the two ingredients and stir them to make a paste of just the right texture to be applicable.
- Apply a thin layer of the paste on your entire face (not just the nose) and allow it to stay on for 10 to 25 minutes.
- Wash the pate off with lukewarm water and finish off by moisturizing your face as you normally do.
2. Cinnamon and Honey
Cinnamon and honey also make for a nice combination in as far as getting rid of blackheads on nose is concerned. Honey brings in its proven antibacterial properties while cinnamon improves circulation which then helps to improve overla skin health and look.
- Cinnamon powder
- Organic honey (raw)
- Cotton strip
- Mix honey and cinnamon in the ratio of 1:1 (e.g. I tablespoon: 1 tablespoon) and then mix them thoroughly to get a fine paste.
- Apply the paste on the parts of the nose affected by blackheads.
- Now apply some cotton strip on top of the paste and pat gently to make it stick well.
- Wash the paste off of your skin after 3 to 5 minutes and finish off by moisturizing your face.
3. Cleansing, Exfoliation and Salicylic or Benzoyl peroxide
- Cleanse: Wash your face with a mild facial cleanser that is formulated for your specific skin type. This helps to remove the dirt and oils – the two main culprits for blackheads – from the skin. You will want to wash your nose (and face of course) twice daily; that is, in the morning and evening.
- Exfoliate: Using a mild exfoliating product that is designed for use on blackheads, exfoliate your facial skin – paying close attention to your nose – gently and then rinse it off with lukewarm water to get rid of dead skin cells. You may want to consider repeating this 3 times a day. For sensitive skin, rub the nose gently with damp washcloth.
- Finish by applying an over-the-counter cream that contains salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. This helps to soften the dead skin cells trapped in your skin pores which then makes it easy for them to come out as Cynthia Bailey, a dermatologist says.
4. How to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose Overnight with Milk and Honey
Milk is rich in lactic acid which is touted to help keep the skin soft and firm while honey has antibacterial properties that are beneficial to blackheads. When mixed together, the two act as an adhesive and draw out oils and other impurities from the skin.
- 1 tbsp. organic honey
- 1 tsp. milk
- Cotton strip
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Mix the honey and milk in the bowl and then heat them together for 5-10 seconds
- Stir the mixture again until well blended and then allow it some time to cool down enough to feel comfortable on your skin.
- Using your fingertips, apply a thin layer on the nose and any other part of the face affected by the blackheads and then apply a strip of cotton wool over it.
- Allow some 20 minutes or so for the mixture to dry on your skin and then peel the cotton strip out gently.
- Finally rinse your skin with cold water and moisturize as you normally do.
6. Use of Naturally with Egg Mask
When applied to the nose as a mask, egg whites helps to tighten skin pores and thus reduce blackheads. Egg whites also features lots of beneficial nutrients that help in skin improvement, not to mention that it is also less drying compared to other remedies – e.g. scrubs – highlighted in this article.
Before we go into the nitty-gritty of how to get rid of blackheads on nose naturally, however, let us start by saying that this might not be for everyone as some people find the smell of egg masks offensive. If you are okay with that though, here is how to go about it:
- 1 egg
- Small bowl
- Facial tissue (toilet paper will do just fine)
- Prepare the egg by removing the yolk
- Now rinse your face and pat it dry before applying a thin layer of egg white on your nose – and the entire face
- Place a piece of facial tissue on the wet egg white and apply a little pressure to make it stick on
- Once the first egg white layer to dry and then apply a second layer over the tissue. You may as well apply a third layer if you like, but that is not necessary
- Once the egg mask is dry, peel the tissue off before washing your face with water to remove any excess residue.
- Pat the face dry with the towel and finish by moisturizing it as you normally do
Some people have as well reported success without using tissue paper. If you choose this option, allow each egg white layer to dry before applying the next, and work your way up to between 3 and 5 layers altogether.
How to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose Fast, Quickly or Overnight
Before we delve into the details of how to get rid of blackheads on nose fast, let us start with a word of caution that some of the methods you find out there could take away the unwanted spots but leave behind pesky small pits.
For this section we will mainly focus on medical and over-the-counter treatment options available. Without further ado, here we go:
1. Topical Medication
This should be the first line of action for anyone wondering how to get rid of blackheads on nose overnight. There are many over-the-counter products that are formulated for acne and blackhead removal.
The active ingredients in such products range from salicylic acid to benzoyl peroxide and retinoid e.g. Adapalene (Differin in the US). Ask at your local pharmacy (drugstore).
2. Prescription Medications
Your dermatologist may as well prescribe stronger topical prescription medications with ingredients such as vitamin A (Tretinoin, Tarazotene, or Adapalene) to promote the exfoliation of dead skin cells and prevent the formation of plugs in hair follicles. Antibiotics and benzoyl peroxide containing medications may as well be used.
3. Nasal Strips
You may have as well heard about nose strips such as Biore nose strips which are widely marketed as a way to remove blackheads on nose quickly.
Nose strips are touted to help get rid of blackheads quickly but on the downside, they only remove the solid part of the blackheads as Shannon of Skin Tuition says. This essentially means that the blackheads will be knocking at your door a few days or weeks down the lines.
Other medical treatment options that may help to get rid of blackheads on nose fast include:
- Microdermabrasion – Sanding off of the tops layers of skin to allow growth of new healthy skin
- Manual removal with round loop extractor
- Chemical peeling – whereby a strong chemical is applied to the skin to reveal a new skin layer
- Laser therapy – this involves the use of laser light to remove the blackheads.
Best Way to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose
The question what is the best way to get rid of blackheads on nose keeps popping and this is understandable given the diverse options available in combating of this dermal problem.
While some people tout nasal strips as their magic worker, Shannon, refutes the effectiveness of nasal strips as a way to remove blackheads from nose, saying that it only removes the solid debris but leaves the oils in the pores which means that the blackheads will some back within a short periods of time.
Shannon concludes that manual extraction with enzyme masks and special products that dissolve the blackheads while making the surrounding skin more pliable is the single best way to get rid of blackheads on your nose. Shannon recommends asking for that during your next facial.
Kattey Spares of Let How Media on the other hand recommends using tea tree oil for blackheads removal saying that its antiseptic properties easily makes it the best treatment for blackheads on nose. This entails was applying tea tree oil on your face and nose of course every day.
Bona Fide Skin Care website on the other hand, touts salicylic acid as the single best ingredient for the fight against blackheads. So, how can I use it to get rid of blackheads on my face, you sk? Well, simply rinse your face with 2% salicylic acid solution such as Salicylic Daily Exfoliator in the morning and evening, the site says.
Salicylic acid not only helps to dissolving of the debris in the skin pore plugs, but also aids in and exfoliation of dead skin cells while balancing skin oil production.
All said and done, the best way to get rid of blackhead on nose varies from one person to another and what works for you may not work for someone else.
How to Prevent Blackheads on Nose or How to Stop them from Appearing
It is said that prevention is the best cure. In the light of that mantra, here are numerous tips on how to prevent blackheads on nose, and any other part of the skin for that matter, and prevent the recurrence of this pesky dermal condition after the initial treatment using the various treatment regimens and options discussed throughout this guide:
- Clean your nose and face with a gentle cleaner, ideally one formulated for oily skin, twice daily. Avoid cleansing more than twice every day lest you end up irritating your skin and worsening the condition.
- Avoid having your hair touch the face as greasy hair has been known to spread infection and encourage the formation of blackheads
- Apply tea tree oil regularly on your nose
You may also like
- Blackheads on Lips Causes, Treatments, Home Remedies and Preventions
- Blackheads in Ear, Behind, In Ear Canal, How To Get Rid of Blackheads in Ears
- Blackhead on Nose Causes, How to Get Rid, Remove, Popping, & Nose Blackhead Strips
- Chest Blackheads Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatments and Home Remedies
- Blackheads on Face Meaning, Myths, Symptoms, Causes, on Nose How to Get Rid Treatments and preventions
- 20 Best Scrubs for Blackheads Removal, Homemade, Commercial Brands – Garnier, Olay, Neutrogena and Murad