Cyber bites is the combination of the medusa and labret piercings. One piercing is done in the groove just above the top lip and the other just below the center of the bottom lip.
Cyber Bites, Cyber Bites Piercing
Bite piercings have grown very popular as body modification gains more ground with trends, fashion and culture. Bites piercings are made of two or four piercings which are not physically connected but make a visual pair. What makes cyber bites unique is the placement of the medusa and the labret. If jewelry is not worn in one of the piercing, then it is no longer called a cyber-bite.
Image 1– Cyber bites piercing
Placement of this piercing should be done centrally with two piercings in line with each other to balance the symmetry of the face. Labret studs are more appropriate and are commonly worn for this types of piercing. Once your piercing is healed, you can change to hoop, circular barbell or captive beaded ring. It is however advisable to stick to a labret stud for the medusa piercing.
The medusa piercing stud on the upper lip should have a relatively flat backside so that it rests comfortably on the gums inside the mouth. On the lower lip, one can choose to go for a standard labret or the vertical labret. Cyber bites studs are made from titanium, surgical steel or black PVD.
Longer bars are used for initial healing to accommodate swelling. Once the piercing is healed, some may choose to wear soft bio-plast studs that are softer and not rough with the gums and teeth.
Cyber Bites Pictures and Photos
These cute cyber bites pictures will give a visual on what to expect. People wear this piercing differently and it is best to find piece to blend in with your style. Whether you choose a labret, ring or a spike the following photos show you a variety of ways to wear cyber bites piercing
Cyber Bites Pain
Cyber bites just like any multiple lip piercings can be done all in one sitting. It is however recommended that you go for one piercing and allow it time to heal before going for the other. While this may take time for you to make that epic impact, it will save lots of piercing troubles since you will be able to focus on one piercing at a time.
Do cyber bites hurt? Pain perception depends on how much an individual can take. It also depends on whether you get the piercings done at the same time or separately. If they are done in one sitting, then you have to deal with more pain, more swelling than if you would have them done individually.
Cyber Bites Healing
Depending on whether you have them done separately or at the same time, cyber bites take approximately 6-12 weeks to heal. However, it is important to note that the piercing will take 6 months to 1 year to completely heal. But you can be able to change your original jewelry after 6-12 weeks. You should however replace the jewelry immediately to avoid closure of the piercing hole.
Cyber Bites Aftercare
Cyber bites like all oral piercings require diligent care and cleaning to prevent infections. The tongue is a favorable environment for bacterial growth which makes proper cleaning very essential. Here are the basic cyber bites aftercare guidelines
- Use alcohol and pigment free antibacterial mouthwash to rinse your mouth for 30-60 seconds not more than 4 times daily or in the morning. After every meal, after smoking and kissing
- Use mild antibacterial fragrance free liquid soap to clean the outside of your piercing twice daily in the morning and evening. It is easier to do this in the bathroom after cleaning the rest of your body. Make sure you rinse out all the traces of soap under running water
- Do not forget the sea salt soaks. Warm sea salt solution will help get rid of the pain and reduce the time that your piercing will take to heal. To make the solution, dissolve ¼ teaspoon of sea salt in 8oz of warm clean water. Soak a clean cotton ball in the water and use it to wipe the piercing if it’s not possible to soak
You may also like
- Infected Nose Piercing Pictures, Symptoms, Treatment, Bump, Home Remedies & Care
- Nose Piercing Bump Causes, Bleeding, Keloid, Granuloma, Cure for Piercing Bump inside Nose
- Infected Septum Piercing Symptoms, Pictures, Bump Care and Treatments
- Nipple Piercing Scar Removal, Keloids, Atrophic Scars, Breastfeeding, Pictures, Healing Stages, and Bars
- Tea Tree Oil Soap Benefits, Best Brands of Bar and Liquid Soaps